Monday, November 25, 2013

Super Detailed Skincare Routine - My journey to clear skin (Month 1-2)

Hello Glammies!
I've had a couple rough months, been sick, was under a lot of stress, add to that a bad diet and seasonal change and you get a skin nightmare. My face was all covered in breakouts, acne scarring etc.
Thankfully, I found a great method to apply makeup for that perfect no-makeup skin.
But I decided that camouflaging is not enough. I have to get beautiful flawless skin instead of faking it!
Hence I went on a quest to have spotless skin with a new skincare regimen.
So I plan on keeping a skin diary and update it with a post every 2 months ;)
If nothing changes then I'll say it too :p

Here is what I am doing the first two months starting Nov 10th.

Morning routine:
Everyday:
I wash my face with Nuxe Aroma-Perfection. I love this cleanser and have used a couple bottles of it.
Now I have nearly emptied the bottle and just added a bit of water to get the little that remains, but I will not repurchase it because I want to get a medicated product for acne-prone skin.


I pat dry my face with a thick Kleenex. I know it's not environmentally responsible but that's what works for me.
I apply EOS Lip Balm.
I wipe my face with Bioderma Sebium on a cotton pad. This is to dry out any pimples.

I gently pat Burt's Bees Jelly Radiance eye cream using my ring finger. It is not bad at all so I will use it until I finish it.

Then I apply Dermaceutic C25 cream, it's an antioxydant day cream with 25% vitamin C. For some reason I like the packaging of this. I think I will use it until it's finished then move on to my other creams because I realized I have tons of creams in stock. But will definitely repurchase this one once I finish my stash.
Update: After 10 days, of using just C25, I added Effaclar Duo on my jaw line because I have breakouts.

I finish with Neutrogena Ultra sheer sunscreen. Hands down the best in the world. And yes I apply sunscreen year round. I was bad at this and would always forget to do so, but not anymore: discoloration is not fun.
Weekend:
- Tiyya Ghassoul Clay mask: to suck out all that nasty gunk from my face. It seriously tightens the pores and your skin feels hot and looks slightly red afterwards but boy is it worth it! And it's super cheap!
Evening Routine:
Everyday:
Remove my makeup using cotton pads with Bioderma Sebium on the face and Bioderma Sensibio on the eyes.
I wash my face with Nuxe Aroma Pefection Cleanser and pat dry with a Kleenex.
I apply the Jelly Radiance eye cream. For now, I don't feel the need to have different eye creams for day and night.
I apply EOS lipbalm or any lip conditioner I fancy at the time (I also realized I have a ton of lip conditioners).

For now, the only night cream I use is the Dermaceutic Turnover. I do own an anti-spot serum but not sure I want to layer that on top of this cream so just skipping for now. Again, I will use this product until I finish it before moving on to something more mild on the skin.

Finished Products: Nothing yet :p
Products I want to use up: Nuxe Aroma Perfection Cleanser
My Wishlist: Some mild anti-acne face wash


1 comment:

  1. You have a very systematized skin care routine, but remember that you have to work on the inside too. Like you said, there are many factors that contribute to breakouts and unhealthy skin, and those skin care regimes can only work superficially. That being said, it's also important that you know how to balance your diet, lifestyle and manage your stress levels. I hope you are faring well with your quest to a clear and smooth skin. Good luck!

    Jackie Wong @ MIAMI Institute

    ReplyDelete