Thursday, January 1, 2015

5 Makeup Products I want to buy

Hey Dolls and Gents!
You'd think by now I would no more buy anything related to makeup.
I am blessed to have a large collection and I understand I don't need to have every color and formula under the sun. But I'm also very good at keeping my makeup well organised - daily items in one storage and the rest in categories, same as for my closet where daily items are on rack and everything else sorted by type. This means I know exactly what I have, what I am running low on and what I do not have.
For now, I am holding off any purchases, but if I were to buy something (say I won a voucher or got a gift card or it was my birthday), here is what I'd want to add to my collection.

Note that the pictures are from the MAC website and Sephora website, I do not own copyright for them nor would claim they're mine - obviously it's a wishlist so I didn't buy the products yet.

1- MAC Fix+:
I had this before and finished it, so this would be a repurchase. I do not have any product that is quite like this setting spray. I only have makeup fixing sprays which while being nice and effective, are not at all moisturising and won't do much if I accidentally overpowder.

2- A brown Lipstick:
I was going through all the lipsticks I have and the predominant color is RED. While I have a wide range of colors, as I was preparing an Olivia Pope inspired makeup, I realised I did not have a brown based lipstick. It makes sense because I do not gravitate toward such colors, but now that I have this tutorial in mind, I badly want one. I am hesitating between a MAC one and Clinique chubby stick since it is what Kerry Washington uses.

3- MAC Gold Deposit:
This is probably the highlighter that suits me the most. But for now, I have one from theBalm, been using it when filming and it looks great. The planner in me is thinking, I don't want to buy another highlighter while I still have that one and the lustre drops. I usually prefer to only have 1 or 2 items max in each category. Also given how little I need, I'm sure it will take at least 1.5 years for me to hit pan on the powder highlighter.

4- MAC Hover lip liner:
I know everybody and their grandma have been raving about the Kylie Jenner lip. I don't really care about that Whirl lip pencil, I don't follow fads, I just do what works for me.
I tried Hover all over the lip and it was perfect.
I need to finish 4 or 5 lipliners first before justifying this purchase... but I will get there.
You will be mine my precious.

5- A Z-Palette:
These have been around for quite some time, but since I don't buy online, I was never able to find one.
I see that Sephora have Z-palettes so I need to get my hands on one.
I can fit my entire makeup routine in one of these and it would be the perfect addition to my streamlined travel packing routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment