Friday, March 29, 2013

My Nigeria Adventure

Hey Loves!
I had a unique oportunity to visit Nigeria. I seized it and I don't regret it.
Africa is a great place full of life. I went there expecting famine, war and all those things I keep seeing in the media. Well, it's no heaven, but it is far from being the chaotic land of desolation portayed on various media.
I will do my best to explore more of this amazing region in the world.

P.S. I did an entire series of vlogs about my africa adventure so go check them out on my youtube (moroccan glamour).

Salut les Glammies!J'ai eu l'occasion de passer quelques jours au Nigéria. J'avais beaucoup d'appréhension d'aller dans ce pays. J'avais honnêtement peur de me faire kidnapper, tuer etc. Avec du recul, je trouve que l'Afrique a beaucoup de richesses que l'on ne regarde pas à force de matraquage médiatique dans le mauvais sens.
Je ferais de mon mieux pour visiter les pays de mon continent. Ouga à la recherche d'aventure lol

Packing part 1


Packing part 2
Chilling at airport waiting for my flight

Welcome to Nigeria!
There are so many churches! my biggest regret is that I didn't get into one to see true "black gospel"
My first meal in Nigeria: Catfish and starch with soup

Breakfast with Plaintain (type of banana)
Nigerian Boxing on TV
Every meal I had was beyond spicy!

My birthday gift from my Nigerian friend: Ankara dress from designer Tobi Martins
I'm so gonna wear this to death lol
Just look at this bright wax pattern!! amazing

My trusty diary comes with me in every trip

That's goat meat yeah!

Meet my buddy! I'm gonna miss him so much!
I asked the waiter for the "note" meaning the bill, he got me nuts.. and they were spicy lol

My favorite part about travelling is ordering room service

And yes that meal was no exception. spicy!

As it started raining in Lagos, I went out to contemplate the rain






4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Please ask your friends in Lagos to attend the meeting with my senior partners :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. M jealous :p It's my biggest dream to visit exotic places, test their foods nd learn about their culture so yeah thats a nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visit Kenya Next, you will love it!

    ReplyDelete