Thursday, March 21, 2013

My feel-good ritual to beat the monday blues

Hey Glammies!
Something about Mondays beats the beep out of me!
It has nothing to do with how my weekend went and how much I slept the night before. It's just like that!
On Mondays, I go to the office and work nonstop until I feel my brain is slowing down and I can't focus anymore, so I drag my sorry feet back home and crawl in bed for an hour before becoming human again.
Today, I decided to do things differently and wanted to share with you my feel-good Monday night routine.

I first lit my "Spiced Cider" candle from Bath & Body Works... that stuff smells sinfully good.
I clipped all my toenails (ya sexy haha sorry for the TMI but I'm being candid). Then I washed my swollen feet with hot water and some Black soap which has eucalyptus essential oil.
At this moment I was already feeling quite relaxed, that is when I saw my Dr. Scholl for her foot scrub and decided to use that on my feet very slowly then washed again with hot water.
I did all this very slowly while not thinking about anything and this just helped me wind down.
To end this cocooning session, I massaged a moisturizing foot cream and wore some old cotton socks and voilà! The whole thing took less than 15 minutes but I'm so over the Monday crankiness!
And now I am sipping an amazing cinnamon ayurvedic tea that I got from an organic foods store. Purrrrfect.

Salut les beautés!
Chaque lundi à la fin de la journée je suis morte de fatigue. Peu import si j'ai bien dormi la veille, si j'ai pris un bon petit déj etc. invariablement, je quitterais le bureau à 19h explosée. C'est une sorte de mini surmenage hebdomadaire.
En général, je rentre en état zombie et me cantonne sous la couette une bonne heure avant de pouvoir aligner une phrase. Ce soir j'ai décidé de faire autrement; et bizarrement je me sens très bien!
D'abord, j'ai allumé ma bougie "Cidre épicé" de Bath & Body Works. Je suis vraiment sous le charme de ces bougies!
Après m'être coupé les ongles, j'ai bien lavé mes pieds avec de l'eau très chaude et du savon noir à l'eucalyptus.. Ensuite j'ai vu un exfoliant pour pieds que je n'avais pas utulisé depuis longtemps, donc je le masse lentement sur les plantes des pieds et c'est comme ça que je décompresse de ma journée survoltée.
Ensuite je badigeonne une crème hydratante et j'enfile mes petite soquettes en coton.
Là, je suis déjà aux anges, mais pour ajouter la touche finale, je sirote une bonne tisane à la cannelle et herbes ayurvédique que j'ai prise dans un magasin bio à Casablanca.
Ze Bonheur!

Stay Glamorous






5 comments:

  1. hello there! What a lovely blog you have here! I'm half moroccan and half italian but I came to casablanca once!
    Love from North Italy XOXO

    May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ritual sounds so relaxing and soothing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonsoir toi, Tout d abbord ton blog il dechire je suis tomber sur ce dernier parhasard et j en suis fane XD surtout tes deux articles sur mac ect bref en gros bonne continuation sinon jai une petite question :p pourrais tu me passer l adresse de bath & body works car je la recherche depuis des semaines pour les candels et les gel anti bacteriens ainsi l adresse de la boutique auquel tu a procure ton thè yogi merci d avance xoxo

    ReplyDelete