Monday, December 1, 2014

My Makeup Collection & Storage

Hey dolls & Gents !
My favorite videos to watch are about makeup organization.
To me nothing looks neater than an organized vanity where you know exactly where to find each item.
There are 3 benefits to keeping makeup organized:

  1. You never loose items and end up buying replacements because everything has its designated spot
  2. You shop more efficiently because you have a visual of everything you have in one place. For example, when I am browsing a shop, I see a cream I like and then I look at my cream section and see I have enough so I skip... or the opposite, I see that the only eye cream I have is the one I'm using currently and a sample size, so I can go ahead and order an eye cream (or 2)
  3. Seeing what I have means I remember to use it. I don't open everything at once, but I do maintain a healthy rotation for products

I like the size of my collection and the fact that every month, I have empties - including in makeup. I don't see myself having one of those Ikea Alex drawers. And even if being a beauty & lifestyle youtuber means I get invited to events and get the odd mascara and hand cream, having such an organized vanity means I know immediately where the additions fit: top of vanity, extras or gifts.
Watch how I organize my makeup here:


Below the details of all my storage items, where to buy them and alternate stores to buy.

- Vanity: From Mobilia store in Morocco 1490 Dhs
- Decoration cubes: From Mr. Bricolage in Morocco 299 dhs I think (you can also buy them in Alpha 55)
- Acrylic drawers: Muji France or USA
- Acrylic containers for makeup and brushes: Alpha 55 in Casablanca from the bathroom section around 65 dhs I think
- Acrylic containers inside drawers: Alpha 55 from the kitchen section
- Acrylic lipstick container: The container store USA, but you can find similar ones in Mr. Bricolage
- Plastic containers inside drawers: Alpha 55 from Kitchen section or Marjane hypermarket
- Baskets under vanity: Alpha 55 around 59dhs each
- Nail polish holders: The container store USA, but you can find similar ones in Mr. Bricolage. Also available at Alpha 55 according to a lovely subbie

 ♥ Stay Glamorous ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment