Thursday, December 25, 2014

Review: Clinique Take the Day Off Balm

Hey dolls;
Over the past few months, I have switched interests from investing in makeup to investing in skincare.
It is very important to have a smooth canvas before painting my face.
I would say that the step which made the most difference is cleansing. I have become very thorough at cleansing my skin and I could see a difference.
This does not mean I used to sleep with makeup on or anything like that, I just feel like Bioderma micellar water and a gel cleanser were not enough, or at least have stopped working for my skin.
One of the additions I introduced to my skincare in the past 6 months was balm cleansing with a flannel.
This sounds so greasy and old-fashioned, but I found myself enjoying it so much, that I have started cleansing with balms also for mornings this winter and even if I don't wear makeup.
There is something about using warm water and a flannel that feels so SPA-like.
But I digress...
The product I want to share with you is something I mentioned in so many videos, you have seen it in my night time routine: Clinique Take the Day off Balm.
Clinique Take the Day off Balm - a staple in my routine

Clinique Take the Day off Balm 
It comes in a purple plastic packaging and looks like a big lump of smooth grease. It is unscented, has no extra ingredients that you don't need. It simply does its job of removing grime from your skin.
The added bonus is that it does not contain mineral oils.
I apply a little amount on my face and massage it in. Then I go several times with a hot flannel.
This feels divine and I could do it for hours.
The skin feels clean and smooth but not dry at all.

The only downside if any, is that it is fragrance free so I get a bit bored.
I know that it means it is safe to use for sensitive skin, but to me it takes a bit from the experience of cleansing as I like a whiff of essential oils every now and then.

One tub lasts me for several months so I think it is quite wallet-friendly.
I would definitely repurchase. Matter of fact, I already have a backup.

You can buy it in all clinique counters at parfumeries in Morocco.

No comments:

Post a Comment