Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Review: Dior Crème Abricot nail cream

Hey dolls!
I've heard of this cult product for so long but the price tag delayed this purchase.
I eventually caved in during a semi-private new year's sale at my workplace.

This product has been around since the sixties and some people have been using it for decades.
It comes in a white demure packaging embossed with CD. Even if it is plastic, I like these little jars and am already considering saving them once empty to transport my travel cosmetics in style.


Christian Dior Crème Abricot - Apricot cream


The cream is protected by an aluminum foil.
I have heard of the product turning yellow for some people who saved it for months, but for me didn't see any stability issue with the product: it looked a bright salmon color and did have an apricot smell, but I disagree on the fact that it's a nice smell. I thought it felt a bit industrial as a fragrance.

The texture is very thick and sticky and there was no way I was going to dip my finger in this. Instead, I used an inexpensive eyeliner brush from a walmart set to carefully lift a bit of the product and apply it on my cuticles. This in itself is very soothing. I do it while watching youtube videos.
I gently massage this cream in my cuticles and nails.
I use it whether I have bare nails or wearing nailpolish.

I have seen a visible difference as my cuticles are very smooth. Now, let's keep in mind I never had cuticle issues, just some dryness because of winter and excessive hand washing.
I just feel it is one of those pampering products to help me relax and feel like I have a princess-y side to my hectic life.
I like it very much and will definitely repurchase. I will keep using this product every night, but since I also have my Burt's Bees cuticle butter which I love, I will use that one during the day.
I like the latter's non-greasy texture and sweet lemony scent so will probably continue buying both.

This is what the jar looks like after using it for less than a week. I think this will last me at least 6 months but will definitely post progress photos every couple months so you have an idea on how fast it goes down with daily use.

No comments:

Post a Comment