Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Review: Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser

Hey loves!
Six months ago, I discovered balm cleansers and fell head over heels.
I was using just the Clinique Take the day off, and was secretly fantasizing about the higher end balms that all the British youtubers are raving about.
I know Eve Lom and Emma Hardy come to mind whenever we think luxury balms.
Last time I was at Sephora's aisle of doom - you know that little display while you're queuing to checkout and you have all the mini travel sizes - I saw this travel size Eve Lom morning cleanser, and while I know it's a lighter variation of the classic balm cleanser from the same brand, I thought I'd give it a try.
Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser: Thick yellow gel

Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser: it melts in heat but stays solid at room temperature

Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser

Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser:
It comes in a very sober white tube with gold writing. I know that the classic one comes with a flannel and you can buy the muslin cloths separately, but I was already feeling horrible for shelling 22 dollars for a travel size (50 ml).
The tube twists and you have to squeeze out the yellow waxy balm. I rub in my hands to melt it then massage it on my skin, and I must confess, I like smelling it too.
It has an earthy smell and feels great on the skin. Once I've removed it with a damp hot flannel, my skin feels plumped and smooth.

The downside of this product, other than its price tag, is that it contains mineral oils.
I did not know this because the travel size did not really have a visible ingredient list and was sold as a tube not in a box. But with some googling, I found the ingredient list and was disappointed because for such a price tag, they could at least use better ingredients.

I will finish this product because it feels awesome on my skin and I wash it anyway but I will not repurchase because I think I can get better formulated products for such an investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment