Monday, December 22, 2014

The Winter Edit

Hey dolls!
Come winter, I always notice that my skin becomes dry, my hands look ashy, and overall my entire routine no longer works for me.
This is when I do my winter edit. I go through my everyday little things and see if they still work for me, otherwise I adjust.

First and most important: Skincare.
My combination oily skin becomes dry and scaly. It is partly due to cold weather and partly due to indoor heating. I do not really mind the dryness but am aware my warm weather routine no longer works.
I replace my gel cleansers with balm ones. It is very soothing and leaves my skin cleansed yet plump.
I opt for richer creams, mostly geared towards mature skin.
I add a face oil to my night routine.
L'Oreal Age Perfect Huile Extraordinaire, L'Oreal Revitalift

Avon Care Cocoa lip butter and Lush lip scrub

Taaj Dry Oil - The Body Shop Body Butter - Yves Rocher hand and nail cream
Next comes makeup.
During the cold season, I go for deeper colors and the change is mostly for lips and nails.
I use moisturizing lipsticks for daywear but would not hesitate to whip out the matte reds for outings.
For nails, the burgundies and navy adorn the tips of my fingers all season.
Rimmel Pro Blue Vogue - Oriflame the One in Cherry - L'Oréal Color Riche Eva


Avon ColorTrend lipsticks in Gardenia and Red Inferno
Winter means cocooning. This is why I love wearing fleece and any material that would keep me warm especially that my apartment is always freezing.
I like my loungewear to still look cute so I chase down the sales at American Eagle to get their printed sweaters. For pants, I use some running leggings that have fleece lining. Softest combo ever.

I wish I had a bathtub, but it is still a project. I just use yummy scented products that have a richer texture. I switch my usual shower gel for a shower cream, when out of the shower I use a body oil - I love this one from Taaj - and before sleeping or if I skipped shower I just slather on some body butters.
Stay Glamorous
xoxo
Ouga

No comments:

Post a Comment