Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Project Vanity: Decor and organization

Hey dolls!
I had promised my youtube viewers to to a vanity tour when I reach 15k views. The thing is, I don't have a vanity! so I had started what I call "Project Vanity", where I am on the hunt for cute items to organize my makeup and jewelry.
I still wasn't able to find the right vanity table for me.. I've looked in many stores and even got a carpenter to propose custom-made furniture but it was out of my budget.
J'avais promis à mes abonnés Youtube de faire une vidéo sur mon coin boudoir, quand j'aurai atteint les 15 milles vues. Eh ben, les vues s'enchaînent et j'avance sur mon "Projet Boudoir".
Je n'ai toujours pas de coiffeuse même si j'ai cherché dans différents magasins et même fait appel à un menuisier (son prix était hors de mon budget).
Donc en attendant, j'achète des petits objets pour organiser mon maquillage et mes bijoux une fois la coiffeuse trouvée.
Here is a little peak at some items I got:
Step 1: Jewelry holder for my necklaces
I was in Alpha 55, and saw this jewelry holder, and I've been wanting it to bad.
I eventually caved in and bought it ^_^
J'ai vu ce petit porte bijoux, à l'effigie de Marilyn et je trouve qu'il va avec le thème girly que je veux avoir.
Step 2: Jewelry holder for my earrings
Little did I know that my sister who was in France had also gotten me a jewelry holder!
So now that I have 2 of them, I'm using the second one to hold my earrings
Just how cute is this doll! it actually inspired me to do an outfit of the day featuring a denim jacket and dress.
Sauf que ma petite soeur en rentrant de France, m'a ramené aussi un porte bijoux que je trouve trop mignon! J'utiliserais celui là pour les boucles d'oreilles. En passant, j'aime bien comment la figurine est stylée, et je me verrais bien recréer ce look de veste en denim et petite robe.
Step 3: Digital Photo frame
I have a feeling that if I put photos on top of my vanity, it will be overcrowded. So I opted for a digital one. I had one laying in one of my closets for ages, didn't even open it haha. So now it will live happily on my vanity.
Je voulais personnaliser ma coiffeuse avec des cadres photos, mais comme je sais que je n'aurais pas beaucoup d'espace, je me suis décidée à utilisr un cadre photo numérique que j'ai chez moi depuis pas mal de temps. Je ne l'avais même pas ouvert.. on verra s'il fonctionne toujours.
Step 4: Mirrored tray
I got this tray with the idea of displaying either my nailpolish collection or my perfule collection.
Both of them are small and cute enough to fit on this tray.. still deciding..what do you think? perfumes or polishes?
J'ai pris ce petit plat/miroir pour y mettre soit mes parfums soit mes vernis à ongles. Les deux collections sont petites et assez jolies mais je ne sais toujours pas laquelle mettre sur ce mini-miroir.. qu'est-ce que vous en dites? parfums ou vernis?
Step 5: Acrylic box
I guess you can never have too much acrylic storage, something about it makes any collection very neat.
I was looking to get another acrylic box which I had shown on my previous "Project Vanity" post and video but it was sold out, so I got this one which holds small items. The heart shape is cute!
Je voulais prendre un autre rangement en acrylique comme celui que j'ai déjà montré dans ma vidéo rangement et mes posts précedents mais il y'en avait plus. Alors j'ai opté pour cette petite boite en forme de coeur pour y mettre des produits de petite taille.
Step 6: a glass Cloche
This is a great display piece, but i still have no idea what I want to display in it.
Je ne sais toujours pas ce que je vais mettre sous cette cloche mais elle est assez mignone donc je l'ai prise quand même, si vous avez des idées sur quoi mettre dedans dites moi.
So that's what I got this time! Can't wait until I finally have a little dresser to put all these things together!
XOXO
Ouga

No comments:

Post a Comment