Sunday, February 3, 2013

Review: Maybelline Color Show nailpolish (with swatches)

Hey Loves!

Last month, I was with my sister at a supermarket and picked a random nailpolish from Maybelline... Little did I know that it would be the start of a love affair!
Le mois dernier, j'étais avec ma soeur à Marjane et j'ai pris un vernis au hasard "Color Show" de Maybelline, maintenant je ne peux plus m'en passer! 
I loved the lacquer so much that I went and got another one, then a week later got a third one. I tried to look up swatches online, but didn't find much especially for darker skintones. So here is a detailed review of the product:

J'ai tellement aimé ce vernis Maybelline, que je suis retournée deux autres fois pour prendre d'autres couleurs, et voici ce que j'en pense:
Maybelline Color Show in "Mauve Kiss"
(Swatch on NC 45 skin) 
Mauve Kiss:

This was the first purchase in this line and the reason why I bought the 2 others!
I applied it on my nails, and it was very opaque with great color yield, I could have gone with a single coat, but still applied my 2-coats + topcoat.
It lasted me 2 weeks I kid you not! You can see me wearing on several of my videos. 
Rating: 5/5

C'est la première couleur que j'avais achetée et la raison pour laquelle je suis revenue. L'application sur l'ongle était facile avec un rendu opaque. Une couche aurait été suffisante, mais en en mettant deux plus topcoat, j'ai gardé ce vernis 2 semaines, ménage et tout! le coup de foudre!! d'ailleurs vous pouvez le voir sur plusieurs de mes vidéos. Note 5/5

Maybelline Color Show in "Shimmery Wine"
(Swatch on NC 45 skin)
Shimmery wine:
This goes on rather sheer when compared to the previous color, so 2-coats is a must.
I loved the glitters and the color was fun to play with. I got too lazy to apply my top-coat and yet it lasted well over 10 days!
It's a very playful cherry color that I enjoyed though not as much as the previous one.
Rating: 4/5

Cette couleur est moins opaque que la première avec un petit effet scintillant, je pense que la couleur est plus fun. Etant trop paresseuse, j'ai pas mis de top coat, et même avec ça ce vernis a tenu bon 10 jours!!  Note: 4/5


Brick Shimmer:
I decided to get one more shade so went for this coppery color. When I applied it, it was the same quality as the first color I bought, excellent payoff, very thick and opaque, one layer would have been enough. Oh and there was a promotion going on so I had a free nail file ^_^

J'ai tellement aimé ces vernis Color Show que j'ai décidé d'acheter un 3ème. Et coup de chance, il y'avait une promo avec une lime offerte pour chaque achat! Bingo! Note 5/5
Maybelline Color Show in "Brick Shimmer" (Swatch on NC 45 skin)
The reason I had to keep looking is that some colors were just too intimidating (yellow, fluorescent green..) so I had to dig each time to see a wearable color... though I am seriously considering a yellow maybe just for kicks... what do you think? should I get the yellow?

La sélection couleur était limitée et les stocks variables selon le magasin, mais je suis très contente des couleurs que j'ai prises. Vraiment adorables! C'est un vernis que je recommande.
See you soon! and keep in touch across media:


My Youtube Channel
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment