Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Project Vanity -- Part 1

Hey loves!

I have always dreamed of having my own makeup corner/ diva station / boudoir, you name it!
After moving to my apartment, I decided to have a princess-like vanity.
It turned out there are basically no vanity tables sold in Morocco and after looking for several months I decided I will have one custom made.
But having a beauty corner is not only about having a pretty table. There is a plethora of little feminine touches or organization items that I would need.
So I decided to document my journey setting up my vanity corner, and promised my Youtube subscribers that once I hit 15,000 channel views, I will do a vanity tour..the clock is ticking at nearly 10k views but I am on track to get my vanity project done, one item at a time.
J'ai toujours rêvé d'avoir un petit boudoir pour me faire une beauté. Le jours où j'ai déménagé dans mon appartement, j'étais décidée à avoir un coin beauté. Malheureusement, plusieurs mois de recherches infructueuses m'ont confirmé qu'il est quasi-impossible d'acheter une coiffeuse au Maroc. Alors, j'ai décidé de m'en faire faire une.
N'empêche qu'avoir un coin beauté ne se résume pas à avoir une coiffeuse. Ce sont plein de petites touches féminines et pratiques qui font de la mise en beauté une expérience à part. C'est ainsi que j'ai commencé mon "Project Vanity" où j'ai promis à mes abonnés Youtube de faire une vidéo sur mon coin beauté. Cette vidéo sera publié quand ma chaîne aura atteint 15,000 vues, et je suis déjà à 10,000! Donc je vous montre au fur et à mesure ce que j'ai pris pour aménager mon coin beauté.

Step 1: Everyday Makeup
I bought some inexpensive acrylic storage for my everyday items. It was a pain finding these knickknacks but I'm happy with them. see my post on everyday makeup storage.
J'ai pris des boites de rangements et des pots en acrylique pour ranger mon maquillage de tous les jours (voir post précédent).
Step 2: DIY brush holder
I have watched enough YT videos to know that a beads brush holder is a must and looks super cute. But the beads were to find nowhere and I wasn't happy with the vases in stores. Until I finally found the perfect vase for me and did a quick video showing where I got the items from and what my brush holder looked like. So cute!!

Ensuite, je me suis inspirée de plusieures vidéos sur Youtube pour finalement faire mon vase porte-pinceaux dans la vidéo ci-dessous.
Step 3: a Moroccan Touch
I decided that in true Moroccan fashion, I will make sure to introduce Moroccan touches whenever possible, so I got some cute bottles to store my lotions & potions, and a nice traditional silver tray to hold my perfumes.. which for now sits on a tiny stool.
Pour garder la touche Marocaine, j'ai décidé de mettre mes produits liquides dans d'adorables bouteilles artisanales que j'ai acheté dans la médina de Marrakech. Je vais probablement ajouter d'autres objets argentés.
Tabletop magnifying mirror
Step 4: a tabletop Mirror
A funny anecdote is that I spent quite some time with no mirror in my apartment. Whenever I wasn't sure about an outfit, I had to run to the elevator, check myself out and go back to my place hahah good times.
Anyway, I did buy few cheap mirrors but for applying makeup, I needed a magnifying one especially for when I'm not wearing my glasses. So ended up getting one from Alpha 55.
Je suis restée plusieurs semaines sans miroir et je me regardais dans la glace de l'ascenseur haha. Heureusement ces temps sont révolus, j'ai acheté des miroirs et surtout un petit miroir tout beau pour ma coiffeuse. De chez Alpha 55
For now, these were the items I got to get by while waiting to finally have a vanity table where all my makeup and skincare can live happily.

See you soon! and keep in touch across media:

My Youtube Channel
Facebook
Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Ouga, check out how I organize my make up http://my-health-n-beauty.blogspot.com/2011/01/organizing-make-up-stuffs.html
    It has been changed though.

    ReplyDelete